Assistant Trade Manager
Heidelberg Materials Trading is the international trading arm of the Heidelberg Materials Group, handling overseas dry-bulk products exports and imports. For our Singapore office, we are looking for a highly-talented individual as an Assistant Trade Manager.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management, economics, international trade, foreign trade, sales, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in raw materials, dry bulk materials or commercial or banking operation knowledge will have additional value.
- Excellent command of English
- Self-motivated, team-player, excellent communication skills.
- Proven record of being dynamic, goal oriented, highly flexible, and hardworking.
- Able to handle stress with full dedication to work in a challenging, multinational, complex and fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer focus (internal and external)
- International mobility for business travels when necessary.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good PC skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- A hardworking team player with corporate professionalism and the ability and enthusiasm to work long and flexible hours
- Finding new business opportunities and customers
- Researching and processing customs & trade data
- Liaising with suppliers and customers to record consumption, deliveries, and forecasts
- Building productive relationships with the buyers and the suppliers
- Working with our shipping team, trade operations team, and suppliers to secure logistics and vessels for deliveries
- Following up on the contractual obligations of HCT
- To fulfill objectives of the company in relation to strategic decisions, profit maximization, market share in international trading
- Co-ordination with other HCT offices
- Forecasting for purchase volumes to make sound budgeting and planning for the designated trading area
We thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential.