Heidelberg Materials Trading is the international trading arm of the Heidelberg Materials Group, trading and shipping a wide range of commodities from cementitious products such as clinker and cement to solid fuels such as coal and petcoke. For our Singapore Office, we are looking for a highly talented individual as a Legal Counsel reporting to the Chief Legal Officer of Heidelberg Materials Trading.
- Advising on and conduct of both contentious and non-contentious matters from the business units on a day-to-day basis involving shipping and commodities trading, credit facilities, insurance coverage and claims, IT contracts and services, NDAs, real estate matters, services, general commercial transactions, and strategic business partnerships.
- Identify legal and regulatory risks affecting the business, participate in risk assessments and advise on the management of those risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders and act as a key point of contact for all legal and compliance issues.
- Foster a culture of compliance and ethics, including matters relating to anti-bribery/anti-corruption, regulatory, and other applicable laws and regulations (in particular trade sanctions, money laundering, and competition law).
- Work collaboratively across a broad range of operations and service partners, developing and maintaining strong working relationships between legal, finance, operations, and other functions, to facilitate a team-based approach.
- English, Singapore, or US-qualified lawyer with a degree/Master/JD from a reputable law school.
- 1-5 years of post-qualification experience in litigating and drafting, and negotiating commodity sale and purchase agreements, charter parties, confidentiality agreements, joint venture arrangements, and other complex agreements.
- Understanding of the global legal and regulatory framework (including international trade laws such as sanctions) and developments applicable to the domestic and global sale and trading of commodities.
- Good understanding of multi-cultural trading environment, analytical, international background, and open/unbiased business mindset.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Self-motivated professional, team player, excellent communication skills.
- Proven track record of being dynamic, goal-oriented, highly flexible, and hardworking.
- Able to handle stress with full dedication to work in a challenging, multinational, complex, and fast-paced environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential.